Lawns used to take up so much work and money to maintain. In the old days, only families with the privilege to hire servants can afford to have well-manicured lawns in the front of their house. This may be one of the reasons why the lawn has become a symbol for social status and a high standing in the community.
As technology advanced and consumers learned to put forward their demands, new products and techniques have been introduced to the market that made lawn care more manageable and realistic for the average household. In fact, there was a time when (and there are still some neighbourhoods wherein) every single home proudly displayed a perfect square patch of green in their property.
Soon, a newer brand of innovation arrived, revolutionising the way people enjoyed their lawns. The synthetic lawn, Perth real estate insiders say, completely shook things up. Fake turf did not only make lawn care easier – it almost eliminated the need for traditional lawn maintenance.
Here are some of the things that you don’t need to worry about when you go for a synthetic lawn:
- Using fertilisers and pesticides that may be harmful to your health and the health of your family – Synthetic grass will stay lush and healthy without the need for treatment.
- Choosing the right soil or season to grow the grass – Fake turf can be installed almost anywhere, including rooftops, urban spaces or in places with climates that can be unfriendly to greens.
- The costs and hassles of maintenance – It may seem too good to be true but yes, fake grass does not require mowing, watering, weeding and all other tasks involving lawn care. Just a regular hosing down gets rid of the dust and debris in the grass blades.
- The future – Synthetic lawns don’t die. High-quality fake turf is made of extremely durable materials so it retains its appearance with minimal care. The lawns will withstand constant traffic and can be used as a safe outdoor playground for your kids and pets.
- Aesthetics – When you choose the right synthetic grass from a reputable brand, you’ll get a lawn that’s as close to the real deal as possible. The grass blades look nice and green and are soft and to the touch. It’s a lawn you’ll be proud to have in your front yard, adding curb appeal to your home and increasing your property’s market value over time.